The Oncology Pharmacy Education Network (OPEN) is a group of leading oncology professionals who are working together with the support of the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC). OPEN looks out for the interests of oncology pharmacists and their staff and provides the education and resources they need.
More than 1,100 oncology pharmacists and their team members have already connected with OPEN. They include pharmacy directors, pharmacy administrators, pharmacists, and cancer program administrators or medical directors interested in pharmacy-related issues.
What is the purpose of OPEN?
- OPEN provides critical education in areas that are essential for clinical and operational success.
- OPEN provides the latest regulatory and legislative updates that apply to cancer delivery and the cancer program pharmacy.
- OPEN serves to increase understanding about the payment process, including Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APCs), Average Wholesale Price (AWP), Average Sales Price (ASP), and facility fees.
- OPEN provides practical tools for assessing the bottom line and gaining insight into drug purchasing.
- OPEN aids in communicating with your peers in other oncology pharmacy settings.
OPEN gives oncology practitioners in the community a voice in the national oncology forum.